Totally unprofessional waste of time & effort

JimmyG66's review of Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk

“Totally unprofessional waste of time and effort”

Written on: 10/10/2018 by JimmyG66 (1 review written)

I was recommended to MMD by a family member who was also dealing with them at that time. My initial dealings with the adviser were over the phone and he asked me a number of questions about my situation and requirements, and was confident that he could help me. We met at his office in Cubbitt and West , Southsea where we talked some more about my options, we agreed a product, I provided him with all the documentation and evidence he'd requested and I signed paperwork to apply for a mortgage. He said he'd put the application forward and I'd hear something by the middle of the following week. We're now two weeks on and the adviser refuses to communicate with me. I know he's been working normally since I met with him, as his colleagues have told me he's in the office each day I've called. I've left half a dozen phone messages with his colleagues, I've emailed him and texted him(he won't answer his mobile).

I feel this is totally unprofessional of an adviser to treat a customer in this way. It appears that I've wasted two weeks of my time. I don't know why he won't return my calls, I don't know if my mortgage application has been accepted or refused. I don't know if I can continue with my proposed purchase or if there's a serious problem with my application............ I just don't know anything.

Having read further reviews on this site regarding this company, it seems that there's also little point in complaining to MMD. So I'm just walking away frustrated.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS