Affordable Skincare that Works

SoliDeoGloria's review of Garnier Essentials Hydrating Day Care for Dry Skin

“Affordable Skincare that Works”

Written on: 24/06/2015 by SoliDeoGloria (13 reviews written)

I bought this product as my post pregnancy parched skin was not responding well to anything else I had in my skincare arsenal, including some really expensive French pharmacy brands.

At £2.99 from Savers I was not really expecting much. After the first application my skin started to feel much better - less painful and dry. After 7 day's of continuous use (2-3 times a day) my skin started to recover and my forehead stopped looking like an old piece of leather. Although hydration is instant, it is not lasting even thought the box says 24hr hydration - hence my numerous applications.

The product is a delicately rose scented white crème jelly which comes in a 50ml light pink jar with a white lid. It is fast absorbing and does not leave an oily residue.

This is a great little product if you have dry skin, but if you have really dry skin this will only be a temporary solution. If you do have ultra dry skin and want a great pocket friendly solution - then Garnier's Nourish+ Daily Rich Moisturiser is the product you want.

All in all, Essentials Hydrating Day Care is a solid product which does what it says on the box.

Will repurchase.

The product comes in a pink tub