Virgin, only as good as their staff. Mobile phone contract

Virgin Mobile UK
2.2
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Virgin Mobile UK

“Virgin, only as good as their staff. Mobile phone contract”

written by on 13/10/2014

OK, I would never have recommended Virgin to anyone, until today when I learned the secret of good service.
To highlight how easy it is to provide good service, I must tell the rage inducing battle to get here!
I changed address in April and went to Virgin to purchase a plan. The credit rating turned me down, the two young men in the shop assumed that because the credit agency couldn't 'find me' at that address, that it was due to my change of address. I gave it a couple of months after informing all the relevant institutions of my change of address and went back again, spoke with another two young men and spent another 2 hours in the shop - so far wasted 4 hours of my time and took up smoking again. How long can it take to check these things out?
Left it another month and went back again today, spoke again to a young man, wasted another 2.5 hours this time controlling my urge to scream, after watching another customer completely lose the plot after waiting to be served for over an hour and dragged out of the shop by his wife and daughter in tears. Still no results, same story.
Got home, rang Virgin, spoke to a young man, call dropped out after 15 mins, called back, waited 20 mins, and spoke to another man who hung up on me. Called again, spoke to another man who told me I would have to write to Experian and give them my new address, spent another 20 mins on that. Next and here's the good part of the story, I get a call from a WOMAN named Joanne, it took her 15 mins, she went through all my personal details, address, date of birth, etc., a couple of times just to be sure it was all correct. She came back with, no problem, we've got you on the plan you want, I noticed that your date of birth had been entered incorrectly!!!! Voila. Simple huh, check essential details and it takes a WOMAN to use that type of common sense. Virgin I sincerely hope you value and pay your female staff well, without them you could lose a lot of customers. Well done Joanne. Call me sexist but after speaking to 8 men and wasting around 8 hours of my time, to eventually have the problem solved by the only woman I spoke to for 15 mins. the results speak for themselves. Kathleen Sullivan UK

• Putney