Selltronics are a bunch of weasely characters!

svzbjhcd's review of Selltronics - www.selltronics.co.uk

“Selltronics are a bunch of weasely characters!”

Written on: 05/10/2016 by svzbjhcd (0 reviews written)

I tried to sell my mobile to Selltronics and at first they offered 46 pounds. My mobile is an unlocked, double-SIM Galaxy SIII Neo, which was protected by a plastic cover and a screen protector film all the time, so it was in a really good condition. After I sent the phone to them, they knocked off 57% of their original offer due to "heavy wear on the back", and when I rejected the 20 pound offer, they demanded that I pay 5 pounds for the privilege of getting my phone back. Their claim of "heavy wear" was an outlandish lie, of course. And I have pictures to prove it.

So clearly, their business plan is to quote an attractive price, then halve it based on ridiculous and unjustifiable reasons, then rip you off, because they know you will not be happy to pay their return fee and get nothing after all the trouble of wrapping up and sending the phone to them. I'll never consider doing business with them again..

Not to mention some of the ridiculous mistakes they make: for example I didn't even set up a profile, but they directed me to their support portal to accept or reject their price offer, claiming I had a profile, but they never sent me any password info, so I had to reset my password. But the password reset form required me to log in with my existing password first - which is ridiculous, because I didn't have a password in the first place!

And when they sent the invoice for the 5-pound return fee, there was no bank account information, or what needs to be entered into the remark field. So they sent an invoice which was impossible to pay.

They are a shady organisation, don't do business with them!