STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Enjef300's review of Handset Recycle - www.handsetrecycle.com

“STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 30/04/2020 by Enjef300 (1 review written)

Unfortunately I was sucked into the initial offer on this site. I was selling my wife's galaxy 9 plus. This was less than 2years old and had, from the moment of being unpacked, been kept in a Samsung wallet style case. It had no damage to the screen or case. I marked this condition as good and was offered £251. This in hindsight should have rung alarm bells as the next highest offer was £185. I arranged a pick up (which did not happen on the stated day and had to be rearranged) and waited for our money. I then received an email saying that there were two scratches on the bottom of the case and the loudspeaker was of low volume, the counter offer was now £155. It also stated that I would have to pay £20 if I wanted the phone back. I reluctantly accepted the money, but emailed to ask for proof of the scratches (as they did not exist when I packed the phone) and that the speaker function was working fine for my wife when she received call. Sadly this email have not been responded to. I can only conclude that the initial offer was an amount to convince me into sending them the phone which they never intended to honour. I find this practice disgraceful. With the warning from Trust pilot regarding fake reviews, it would seem that my impression of the trading practices is true.