Simply appalling poor unreasonable excuses 2 avoid myclaim

• Customer service

McKeevz231's review of Tesco Mobile Phone Insurance

“Simply appalling poor unreasonable excuses 2 avoid...”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by McKeevz231 (1 review written)

I had bought IPhone 12 Pro Maxx from Tesco Mobile and was sold Tesco Mobile protect Insurance at the time of my purchase with the handset. Bearing in mind it’s an expensive handset I bought the Tesco Mobile Protect Insurance.

Every month from there on I paid each month via direct debit without fail for my handset line rental to Tesco Mobile and mobile insurance to Tesco Mobile protect.

When I made a claim and provided all requirements for my claim.
I was told to inform them about my wife’s mobile insurance policy which was a third party towards my independent purchase of my handset and insurance as was my sole purchase and had nothing to do with my sole purchase of my handset or mobile insurance as this was a sole purchase not bought jointly.

Tesco mobile refused to process my mobile insurance claim which solely is my name until I found about third party information who had nothing to do with my claim or anything to do with my purchase .

This is such an appalling excuse for not processing my insurance claim. As if people who stayed on the property before me that I was accountable for third party who had nothing with making payments to Tesco Mobile Protect or towards anything to do with my personal claim.

As it’s not only a breach of my consumer rights but also my privacy rights as Tesco Mobile and Tesco Mobile Protect consumer.

They made we wait for over five days before coming back to me with these irrelevant requirements.

I informed them as I am solely their customer not my entire family or others has anything to do with my personal claim.

Monies were processed via my personal account without fail each to theirs. Tesco Mobile Protect charged me £14 months over year continuously for my sole mobile phone insurance policy.

Taking this matter to my legal team to hold Tesco Mobile Protect to both Ombudsman and court as they failed to provide me for the services they had changed me each month on the ground of breach of my consumer rights and my privacy rights.

Please kindly bear when purchasing Insurance from Tesco Mobile Protect the lengths they can go to find excuses for delaying and not processing your personal claims.

Many Thanks