Discrimination against disabled people.

• Customer service

ZM2021's review of Switched On Insurance - www.switchedoninsurance.com

“Discrimination against disabled people. ”

Written on: 04/05/2021 by ZM2021 (1 review written)

I made a claim that my laptop was lost a few weeks ago which was in my backpack the whole time. I have informed them that I am half deaf and my back is numb and I don’t feel any sensation. I was at a park sat on a bench, there were people playing in the background, It could have been possible for someone to take out the laptop as I was always leaning forward. But they have rejected my claim on the basis that it’s impossible for a laptop just to disappear, I have clearly informed them of my disabilities.
They also said they might not be dealing with the policy holder has all my iCloud and email accounts are set up with my sons name that is apparently enough reason for them to say they are not dealing with the policy holder, I am not a technical person so he helped me set up the laptop. Perhaps they should have stated that you have to be able to set up a iCloud before taking out a policy.

My experience with this company has been nothing but awful, they will treat you very bad if you are making a high item claim. I have been paying this company £25 a month for 3 years and this is how you get treated.

Most the positive reviews here are all about how easy it is to set up with them, and Ofcurse it is they have no issue helping to set you up and take your money. But when it comes to dealing with your case they will make you go through hell.

I won’t stop here, I will reach out to all the local newspaper and share my story of this company as you can not take them to financial ombudsman since they are based in “Gibraltar”.

Have you made a claim?