Mous Phone Case Review 2020 - Not Fit For Purpose

Bradford86's review of Mous - mous.co

“Mous Phone Case Review 2020 - Not Fit For Purpose”

Written on: 23/12/2020 by Bradford86 (1 review written)

I purchased a Mous iphone 12 Pro Case (Limitless 3.0 Black Leather) and a Tempered Glass Screen Protector. This is for a new iPhone 12 Pro.

I made the decision to purchase products from Mous based on convincing advertising messages and videos on their website.

You may have seen the marketing videos showing the iphone being dropped from a crane at 45 feet and a fall from 35,800 meters without damage. Mous make technical reference to the case having “Superior drop protection” and the “Innovative AiroShock™ technology which provides serious impact protection”.

Based on my own unfortunate experience, I believe the advertising messages are misleading regarding the suitability of the Mous iphone case product.

I was stepping into my car and the phone slipped out of my pocket and fell just over 1 1/5 feet onto the driveway. The phone landed on a corner of the case and both the phone and tempered glass cover are completely smashed. On the Mous website, they illustrate a phone landing on the exact same corner without any issue.

How can a phone that is protected with 'serious impact protection technology' and tempered glass smash at 1 1/5 feet vs zero damage when being dropped out of a crane?

I have contacted Mous before submitting this review, it took over a week for Mous to respond.

In their email response they take no responsibility for their misleading advertising and offer only to refund my original purchase of the case and not the £1099 for the iphone nor the £100 insurance claim excess, nor the expected increase in premiums.

As such, I have submitted an ASA claim and would encourage others with smashed and cracked phones to do the same.

For pictures of the smashed phone, search amazon reviews of mous iphone case.