A Real Treat

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Randall475's review of Cunard Cruises, Queen Victoria

“A Real Treat”

Written on: 15/10/2018 by Randall475 (1 review written)

I had sailed on the QV once before &, although I know the staff are prepped, being greeted with a ‘Welcome Back’ & reference to my last trip was a lovely touch.
The staff were there if needed, but they respect experienced voyagers knowing that they know the QV.
We were in a Princess Grill suite which had plenty of room for us.
The staff in the restaurant were delightful and the food wonderful. Nothing was too much for them.
The range of entertainment is extensive from string quartets to jazz to the impressive Royal Court Company.
My favourite area was the library. So many books & don’t forget the daily crossword & quiz sheets available!
Due to the number of port calls, the range of speakers was not as wide as on a transatlantic voyage but still entertaining.
My only glitch was that some areas of the ship ( the smoking area) was not cleaned & tidied to the standard I would have expected.
This was an 7 night trip with 4 ports of call & long enough to get to know the QV due to the at sea days.
One thing that has always struck me on Cunard is that, despite the number of passengers & crew, the ships never seem crowded.
I am a self- confessed Cunard fan having made a number of voyagers on the QV & QM2. Cunard aim to make the experience on board as, if not more, important than any port of call. Yes, there is a dress code & other companies appear cheaper. But if, like me, you enjoy dressing up, eating well & feeling a bit special, then Cunard is for you.

• 1-8 June 2018