Brilliant for injections & blood tests

From 1 review

Guest's review of Emla

“Brilliant for injections & blood tests”

Written on: 21/10/2011

Emla is a product that gives a local anaesthetic to the skin in preparation for a blood test or injection so that the patient doesn't feel it and thus makes the process much more pleasant and relaxing

Its particularly used for children to prevent stressful visits to the doctors / hospital.

I'd read about it online and thought its worth a go as my daughter needed a blood test. To be honest, I didnt think it would work that well, but anything's worth a go rather than having to physically hold her down whilst the nurse tried to draw blood - not a prospect I was looking forward to!

So, we put the cream in c. 1 hour before the appointment, arrived, they put the needed in, drew about 8 containers of blood and my daughter (who is 3) just carried on playing, laughing and having fun with the nurses. She didnt feel a thing and the whole process was actually one of enjoyment not fear and pain

Absolutely amazing - from this one experience I cant recommend it enough

We followed the instructions to the letter and it was spot on.

DEFINITELY buy this if you're having to go through blood tests with your little ones - we're even going to use it for injections now as it just makes it an easy experience.