Lancaster Chopped Ham & Pork

KTedham's review of Lancaster Chopped Ham & Pork

“Lancaster Chopped Ham & Pork”

Written on: 30/08/2011 by KTedham (1 review written)

My fiancé and I decided we'd buy a couple of tins of what looked like fairly ok tinned meat at a low price of 64p from Asda to try for sandwiches and chopping and adding to pasta. We'll never buy 'Lancaster Chopped Ham & Pork' again.
I opened a tin today and saw a white jelly like mess. I emptied it onto a plate and after scraping away the jelly, discovered a lump of luncheon meat. I cut off a slice to taste.
The flavour was quite salty, not bad but not great either. It tasted rather synthetic but for the price I guess it should have been expected.
What I didn't expect was to cut my gum open on a bit of bone the size of a peanut while I was chewing. The pain was so bad I thought I'd chipped the back of my wisdom tooth.
When I checked the tin, I was less than impressed to find there is no address, no contact details and I can't even find them online - so they can hide away from having to deal with complaints.
It might be cheap, but that is no excuse for a product that is a health-risk. If it had broken my tooth, I would have been the one footing the dentist bill. Or worse, I could have choked on it.

I seriously recommend that anybody reading this should avoid this product and take it back for a refund. We now buy Pek which is delicious and bone-free.