Unusable Clubcard App

• Quality of Incentives

RichSeanC's review of Tesco Clubcard

“Unusable Clubcard App”

written by RichSeanC on 28/07/2023

Let's not beat about the bush. 'Clubcard' prices are the correct prices. They are what Tesco thinks the items are worth.

Now in order to get the correct price, you need an app. But what if your app needs updating? Easy, you stand in front of a queue of ten people for five minutes while you desperately try to update your iphone - there is after all a large penalty to pay if you don't use it.

App updates, but then it doesn't recognise your password. You need a link sent to your email - another delay.

Meanwhile, a helpful assistant enquires "don't you have the plastic card". (forgive me for not thinking of that myself). "nope" I replied, "don't you have one behind the till - I don't care about the points". "we used to have one, but don't anymore".

New Clubcard app downloaded, password reset and entered........tap on Clubcard - nothing - just a spinny thing telling me it's doing something.

Net result. I abandoned my shop at the till. I won't be going back any time soon.

Whichever imbecile thought that endlessly pithering with a phone app when all the customer wants to do is pay deserves to be sacked. Apparently, you have a "lot of problems with it".