Hotels.com Clubcard Voucher

• Quality of Incentives

DeaconMcKinley's review of Tesco Clubcard

“Hotels.com Clubcard Voucher”

Written on: 17/02/2018 by DeaconMcKinley (1 review written)

I am posting this review on here as the Tesco moderation panel have refused to post it on the clubcard site as it does not meet their standards. Even though it is an accurate account of my recent experience and there is nothing abusive in the content!

Beware!!!
I have tried to book a hotel through the Hotels.com clubcard voucher.I read through the process, understood that I could not use the voucher for the taxes and trusted Tesco when they stated on their booking process that any reference to a hotel exclusion does not apply to clubcard vouchers. As stated on the voucher email I used the link to Hotels.com that they said had to be used in order to use the voucher.I thought that I had all the details covered. Unfortunately Tesco and Hotels.com do not apply the same rules as each other. There are lots of hotels that are excluded from this clubcard voucher deal and Hotels.com will not cancel or refund the booking once made so I have ended up paying for the hotel in full and cannot use my voucher. Hotels.com have told me that Tesco's statement is not true when they state there are no hotel restrictions. When I then raise this issue with Tesco there response is that the problem is with Hotels.com because the statement is true. If Tesco had not put this statement on their website I feel that I would have looked more carefully at my hotel choice and not proceeded with the booking. End result is that I am out of pocket and looking at other reviews for this deal going back months and months I am not the 1st. It appears that neither party are is any hurry to resolve this. If you are lucky enough to pick a hotel that is not excluded then I am sure that you will think this is an excellent deal as have many others but I would advise to check the exclusions 1st and not trust Tesco's statement of no exclusions as they are not in control of who takes your money!!
Tesco customer services have since admitted there is an issue with the process but deny that any of the fault lies with them!!

• Quality of Incentives