Food lovely, staff helpful

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

kirsty88's review of Me Love Sushi http://melovesushi.com

“Food lovely, staff helpful”

Written on: 04/07/2011 by kirsty88 (88 reviews written)

We have the the take away menu for Me Love Sushi sat in our drawer for about 6 months - i have been tempted a few times but have always found a reason not to order from them. ON saturday night we were at home and decided to order a takeaway and so decided to give them a shot as they seemed to have quite a lot on their menu that didnt revolve around raw fish (which usually i love but am currently pregnant).
I noticed that a lot of their rolls did include flying fish roe though - so i gave them a quick call and asked if it might be possible to exclude this. The man on the phone could not have been more helpful and filled me in on a couple of other items to avoid (eg their mayonnaise is home made and contains raw eggs). I caled back a few moments later with my order ans was assured again that changes to the dishes would not be a problem. When the food arrived (45 minutes later) the delivery guy was also very polite and friendly, i was able to pay by card (very useful as the food is on the expensive side - a fairly large meal for 2 came to £49).
The food was exactly as we had ordered - flying fish roe & mayonnaise excluded and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality. We had spicy edamame (yummy) the wafu salad (a little small but tasty all the same) 4 different kinds of roll - eel, vegetable, chicken katsu and softshell crab - all very tasty, the surprise best being the chicken katsu) and a chicken teriyaki dish.
I really enjoyed all of the food, it was interesting as i would never usually order these items (usually its all about salmon sashimi & spicy tuna rolls!) but i cant wait to try them again when my diet is not so restricted!

• Japanese

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all