Afternoon Tea at Hush

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

YorkieLynne's review of Hush - www.hush.co.uk

“Afternoon Tea at Hush”

Written on: 19/04/2012 by YorkieLynne (0 reviews written)

My daughter brought afternoon tea for four people as a birthday gift for my husband last year. Myself, my husband and my parents went last week.
Hush is a wonderfully large restaurant tucked away just off New Bond Street. It was quiet and had a lovely outside seating area. As it was raining we were directed inside and sent upstairs. Even though we were early for our experience we were directed straight to the table. It was beautifully laid with bone china and crystal. We were then given a menu to choose which Hendricks cocktail we would like and also which tea. There was a choice of two cocktails and several teas. Our cocktails were brought out and proved to be totally delicious! Three of us chose the same tea and were brough a pot to share and my husband got a pot to himself. The waiter then brought the food. We had sandwiches, scones with three types of jam and clotted cream and macaroons. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The only complaint I have is that it had obviously just been removed from the fridge and it was very cold. This made the bread slighty hard and the filling not as tasty as it could have been. However this didn't detract from the experience at all. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and they gave us more tea when we required it. When our son arrived to surprise us they showed him to the table and brought him a chair and offered him refreshments.
Overall we had a wonderful experience and I would buy the experience as a gift for close family and friends. Well worth the money

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined