Very Very Poor

• Accuracy of information

• Ease of use

MakaiKinney's review of Traffic Master www.trafficmaster.co.uk

“Very Very Poor”

Written on: 03/12/2015 by MakaiKinney (1 review written)

Currently use an old original TomTom Go which is over 10 years old and it still knocks spots off most of the built in sat navs that car manufacturers are putting into their vehicles today. The traffic master smart nav was built into my Citroen Dispatch. I found it to be most un-user friendly, un- reliable pile of rubbish I have ever seen. My dispatch is a 09 plate and was only just 3 years old with 23K on the clock. I bought it from a used approved Citroen dealer and it came with 1 year Citroen warranty. I had a number for month’s free subscription to use it. I contacted traffic master due to its reliability as it was so slow it would direct me to turn right 3 junction after the junction I needed. Customer services said that there was a weak signal/connection and an engineer would have to come to site to look at it at £200.00 and that did not guarantee a repair.
Well you can imagine what I said and it was not polite!
The Citroen warranty would not cover it because that particular part of the vans electrics was not covered by the warranty?

Any way Traffic Master has not improved as a friend like my van so much he bought one brand new on a 14 plate. It has a fancy upgraded screen with a colour display which shows the route on a map but it still as rubbish as mine.
My recommendation is not to buy a car with a built in satnav. Most of the still run on a DVD instead of an SD card. I have had use of lots of different sat navs and tomtom is in my opinion the best and extremely good value for money.

• Accuracy of information