Rubbish lamp

Sussexreader's review of Serious Readers, Alex Lights - www.seriousreaders.com

“Rubbish lamp”

Written on: 07/08/2015 by Sussexreader (1 review written)

I've just returned my lamp for a second time because the switch stopped working. Instead of being ultra apologetic as I would be if I was working for the company they tried to persuade me to have it converted to LED. Initially I thought it was a free offer as compensation but no! I asked if there was a charge and they said yes - £75!!! Couldn't believe it. Need less to say I didn't intend to throw good money after bad. Have just got light back and now it only has 1 years guarantee instead of the original 5. I wonder why??!! Rubbish all round.

Alexlight's Response to Sussexreader's Review

Written on: 18/11/2017

I have just seen this review. Sorry to read you are disappointed. If something goes wrong then we of course fix it free within the 5 year guarantee period. The upgrade to the latest LED simply covers the cost of parts and shipping. We offer this service because lighting has moved on a pace in recent years. Its entirely up to you whether you want to upgrade The only reason we can't give another 5 year guarantee on a refurbished light is that most of the light parts are already 5 years old by then.