Use the Gov website for free!

LouisHenry312's review of UK Deed Poll Service - www.deedpoll.org.uk

“Use the Gov website for free!”

Written on: 09/02/2020 by LouisHenry312 (1 review written)

Unfortunately I have to agree with the other 1 star reviews. These papers have no legal standing at all, the .gov website gives you a template for free to use which will do the same thing. A name change is what you wish to be known as and nothing more. PLEASE READ THE .GOV WEBSITE! Deed polls issued by any company are all unenrolled, so you are just as well to buy the cheapest at £5.99 if you can not be bothered with the free one at the gov website. Fees are not clear at point of sale, which I personally will be making an official complaint to officials as not only under consumer rights but also to companies house. I was shocked to find that there is no sale price at the point of sale once all details were entered, the agreement of sale is not made clear at all. It is almost like buying an item with no price tag. I did call about this and they simply tried to justify why I should use them against the gov website, this was appalling as I started to feel sorry for her. She even tried to justify how many they do a year and even mentioned that they get this type of complaint all the time! Well if they get this all the time why are they still not improving there service instead they want to side blind people into paying! None of these documents are legal and are not on any official register. The only official enrolled register is via the gov website which yes you do require a solicitor to sign and oath for you but I think I would rather do that and pay that bit extra. I have had a quote from a solicitor of £80 too this, so not the hundreds the company claims. They are scaring people into thinking this is right!