Appalling Service

Guest's review of Optima Legal - www.360.optimalegal.co.uk

“Appalling Service”

Written on: 31/08/2021

Absolutely appalling service from Halifax BS appointed Optima Legal. Refuse to accept a Land Registry Form ID3 (Identity Verification) required to remove a Charge on my daughter's property for a loan we provided and for which they wish to pay us back and need this Charge removed to enable remortgage by Halifax BS. The Land Registry have confirmed in writing the ID3 Form should be used as we are not legally represented, are acting as private individuals and because under Goverment regulations Practise Guide 67A verification can be verified (due to Covid and Land Registry offices being closed - they provide a FREE verification service), by non legals such as Doctors, Teachers, Police Officers etc. My daughter's Mortgage company Halifax appointed Optima Legal to process this so they can release the funds to my wife and I as the original lenders. Optima Legal refuse to process the ID3 and will only accept a Land Registry ID1 Form which HAS to be verified/processed by a Solicitor/Legal Conyencer or Notary Public which will unnecessarily cost us £1000! No explanation forthcoming as to why Optima refuse to accept the completed ID3 Form despite the fact all they need to do is forward it to the Land Registry who have confirmed it is the correct/appropriate Form and will remove the Charge subject to proper completion. Land Registry also said we can send it directly to them free of charge. SCANDALOUS UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR BY OPTIMA who incidentally refuse to escalate my complaint or allow me to contact its Directors.