EXPENSIVE POOR SERVICE

HYTN's review of Goldsmith Williams - www.goldsmithwilliams.co.uk

“EXPENSIVE POOR SERVICE”

Written on: 27/06/2017 by HYTN (1 review written)

We used GW as we were governed by our mortgage lender which solicitor we could use when purchasing our property. I would avoid GW at all costs. Not only are they expensive, they wouldn't know what good customer service is if it hit them in the face! On multiple occasions they contradicted themselves, and didn't even know the details of our case - telling us the process of buying a flat will easily take 12-14 weeks, we were buying a house & calling my husband the wrong name. On top of their ridiculous costs, if you want to speak to them (which you will need to do several times a day to make sure they remember to deal with your case) you have to phone an 0845 number which set us back an additional £150 for just one month! The whole process took several months for a simple purchase - there was no chain! They have no sense of urgency, they use a third party to conduct the searches on your property which costs you more money and they are just as poor as GW! I raised all my concerns with the head of department, expressing my concerns of the poor service and communication and I had to chase a response from them several times. When I did get a reply to my formal complaint, they just stated back to me what I said and ignored the issue I had with the poor communication & service.

If you want to purchase a property in a timely manner, pay reasonable fees and feel valued as a customer, THEN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They caused us nothing but stress. The time I spent chasing them, phoning other organisations to find out GW had been trying to get our purchase completed was absolutely unacceptable for the money we were paying and the service you expect. They absolutely should be ashamed of themselves.

Look on their Facebook page, doesnt give you the option to leave a review, unlike other companies and is filled with 'take your dog to work' & 'after work drinks' speaks volumes for the image of a so called professional company they like to think they are!!