if you are considering laser hair removal, I'd recommend it

BonnieBeard's review of Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal - www.idealimage.com

“if you are considering laser hair removal, I'd...”

Written on: 26/09/2017 by BonnieBeard (1 review written)

I have struggled with excess hair my whole life. My main issue that I was most self conscious about was facial hair (chin), being as I am a woman. I tried many things: shaving, waxing, plucking, creams. I never had much luck and my skin is very sensitive and reactive so it would break out and get red. Well I talked to my dermatologist and got a good understanding about laser hair removal or "reduction". I was told by both my doctor and Ideal Image that I was a good candidate due to my light skin and dark, course hair. I chose Ideal Image due to the similar information I received as compared to my dermatologist and the price was cheaper. So I will say that I was skeptical at first. The first free consultation I spoke with a nice girl but she was in "sales" and was a fast talker and I had gotten signed up quicker than I expected. I was also told that I would need 9 treatments. So after my first couple treatments to my chin and saw very little result. During my next few appointments I expressed my concern that I still had a lot of hair growth. Ideal Image completed all 9 treatments and gave me an additional 2 free treatments because they do expect better results. I'm HAPPY to say that after completing all my treatments I see and feel a HUGE difference. I used to pluck and shave on a daily basis. When I started the laser treatment they only allow you to shave or trim...in order to get the hair at the same length/growth cycle. So when I first started I would shave every day. After about my 4th treatment I was down to shaving twice a week. Now that I've had my final treatment I may shave or trim like once a month...if that. My amount of hair on my chin has decreased by at least 80% and the hair that does grow is now fine and blonde...hardly noticeable. It's given me much more confidence and I'm saving time not having to sit at the mirror plucking daily. I want to warn anyone considering this that you have to go in with a realistic goal...it won't treat light hairs much. It might not remove it all, but it will greatly reduce the hair growth. I also want to clarify the financial aspect as well. Before I got started I read a lot of negative reviews about money and harassment. Well it is expensive. When you sign up you get a "credit card" and have monthly payments. It has been my experience that as long as you make your regular payments on time there is NO problem. I make my monthly payments and am almost done and have never had any harassment or phone calls. I will also say that I went to the Perrysburg location and was always happy with the location. It's very clean, the staff was friendly, and I never had a long wait time. In conclusion, I would say if you are seriously considering laser hair removal and you struggle with dark, embarrassing hair, I would recommend Ideal Image. I was skeptical and unsure, but am happy with my results.