DELL Inspiron 17" I7 512GB SSD 8GB RAM

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Dataman's review of Dell Inspiron 17

“DELL Inspiron 17" I7 512GB SSD 8GB RAM”

Written on: 29/05/2020 by Dataman (7 reviews written)

This is very much a matter of "speak as you find". I have seen some awful lot of terrible reviews of the company and I wonder if it's because of the coronavirus chaos. They don't reflect the DELL that I have always known.
So, here's my experience.
After twenty years as a developer in two different London law firms, when I only used DELL Pc's, laptops and servers, I retired and needed to replace my beautiful nine year old Tosh Satellite. My DELL desktop had been retired years ago after a long and faithful service.
I found the Inspiron laptop I wanted on the DELL website - a 17inch Intel I7, with SSD. I was happy with the spec and the price. I rang sales and ordered it, using my credit card.
The following day it arrived.
What more can I say about the company?
The laptop is unbelievably fast and works perfectly.
Aesthetically, it is a brick. There are no status lights, no illuminated keys and not even a NumLock light. It looks black and boring, with 'f' keys that need the Fn key held down to work them. In the "good looks" and "bells and whistles" department, this machine is in a league of it's own because it doesn't have any at all! It's like a black 1950's Ford Popular with a Bugatti Veron engine
But I love it, I really do. My old Windows10 Tosh would take 15 minutes to boot up and get everything started. This takes about ten seconds.
My old Tosh would take six minutes to load Microsoft Expression Web. This beast loads it instantly. I am reborn, and boring old DELL has delivered excellence I can hardly comprehend, without a trace of panache or style once again! That's why I trust DELL to deliver computers that work.

• 1 - 6 Months