Very dissapointing

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

bellina1's review of Shajan, Mellor

“Very dissapointing”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by bellina1 (1 review written)

We had a very disappointing evening last Saturday evening. The chicken tika massala had no taste whatsoever it was as almost as if they had run out of sauce and had put lots of cream in to make it go further, I complained and the waiter was quite abrupt and said well you asked for a mid curry which felt as though I was being challenged. I accepted I asked for a mild curry but please accept that I have been a cook and owned a restaurant for many years an (Italian restaurant) I know my food and for the first time ever have had to return a meal in an Indian restaurant.
Shajan is a beautiful restaurant but the heart of a restaurant is the chef and standards must be maintained.
We then asked for the bill which in all fairness the curry had been removed however the waiter came to clear our table and began to snatch the plates and dishes in such an aggressive manner that seeing was believing he almost caught both my elderly mum and my husband in the face with cutlery. We will absolutely NEVER go there again.

• Indian

Food Type

• 10 - 25

Average cost per head

• Several times a month

How often do you eat here?

• Quality of service