Worktop Express - www.worktop-express.co.uk Review

ANDYMET1961's review of Worktop Express - www.worktop-express.co.uk

“Wow!! Total garbage.DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE...”

Written on: 21/03/2020 by ANDYMET1961 (1 review written)

Wow!! Total garbage.DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE WORKTOP EXPRESS.
I happen to be a master cabinet and chair maker and have used all kinds of hardwoods all my life I"m 58 now and started my apprenticeship when i was 17 so you do the maths!! I think it"s fair to say i am familiar with the procedures of keeping wood in the right environment in particular oak
I make a fair amount of products in my factory but oak worktops are generally good quality from most suppliers and are cost effective so it"s a no brainer to buy in and treat them in the workshop before fitting on site. 4 coats then 2 on site plus any cuts are redone. Just usual practice.
I came across these clowns around 6 months ago. Nice site that read well even to us in the know and they do a 90mm in stead of the usual 45 to 50mm stave top A and B quality(this just means 1 side is better prepared than the other)
Price was no more than fair but the customer really liked the wider plank.
Delivered on time all good, then opened them up the "b" side really was as it says on the tin, The A side was ok but had been filled with resin filler in 2 places.
I let this go simply because i knew these would be removed once the sink had been cut out.
^ 6 weeks after fitting a small crack appeared by the side of the sink. I sent eveything requested,including forms , photos and my fitting practice (which by the way i followed to the letter on their website) only to be told it was my fault, they hadn"t been fit correctly. Now i made the assumption that i have got lucky for around 30 yrs because the practice they use is the same way i have been fitting all my life.
I pointed them in the direction of their method statement only to get a reply . Pls send the kitchen layout so we can do further checks.These are elderly customers of mine who really don"t need the stress so i sent a copy of the working plan used. This wasn"t good enough . They need more photo"s according to quality control,which isn"t going to happen as my customers are stressed out as it is.
It"s plain as day they are just looking for excuses
I actually have the sink cut out in the workshop. i have taken a photo of both A and B sides clearly showing the filling resin used on both I wonder where quality control was then?
Let me tell you i am taking these clowns to court simply because they believe the tops they sell are without peers.
Well i can genuinely say these are by far the worst worktops i have come across.,and they are the worst company i have ever dealt with.
The tops are very poor quality. You just don"t get filling on both surfaces. This puts them in the B B category very very poor.
We all make mistakes in life mine is allowing these people a sale.
In hindsight i should have sent them back and used my usual supplier Lawcris , but having read all the disgruntled people they are loathe to accept any return items.
It must be great having a perfect company with perfect products all the time.
Anyone remember fantasy island?
PLEASE LETS SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN.
I AM GENUINELY ON A MISSION JUST CAN"T DO WITH AMATEURS PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING THEY"RE NOT.