COVID, LOCKDOWN & then MAGNET

nothingpersonal's review of Magnet - www.magnet.co.uk

“COVID, LOCKDOWN and then MAGNET”

Written on: 27/11/2020 by nothingpersonal (1 review written)

I ordered a new kitchen for my elderly 80+ yr. old parents through one of the MAGNET authorized "contractors" who showed me all the Magnet brochures and and his five star platinum status with MAGNET and all that - he then insisted on full payment which I was suspicious of, but he maintained it was MAGNET policy.

He then disappeared for four months, after we threatened legal action he came back - assembled a kitchen, in the wrong place and even put the sink 50 cm away from the electrical socket and blocked access to our fuse box and left one cabinet without a door!

We are not sure if he used genuine parts and then he did a runner before finishing the job! We tried every possible recourse and I then turned to Magnet to help out and head office and branch office told me that THEIR CONTRACTOR was the client NOT MY PARENTS WHO PAID FOR THE KITCHEN!.. STEER VERY CLEAR, they just care about their contractors who they give all sorts of incentives, not the real paying clients!! The Manager said it's nothing personal, I think 5000 pounds down the drain for a shoddy kitchen and then for the supplier to recognize their contractor as the client is personal..