Appalling DO NOT BUY A KITCHEN FROM JOHN LEWIS

steve_preston's review of John Lewis Kitchens

“Appalling DO NOT BUY A KITCHEN FROM JOHN LEWIS”

Written on: 20/09/2021 by steve_preston (1 review written)

I wish I could give zero stars to JL. We started the process for this kitchen a year ago and OK Covid delayed things but their they have been abysmal and by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and that is saying something.

I so wish I had read the other reviews on here or I would never have chosen them. We spent £23,000 on a kitchen (twice what he have paid before) on the basis that they had a good reputation. How wrong could we be. After they'd taken a deposit we were told we had to pay the balance IN ADVANCE or they wouldn't fit it. They charged us for electrical work that wasn't done. Like others there were parts missing and faulty appliances and poorly finished units. We were led to believe the fit would be 5 days (they denied this and said 2 weeks afterwards even though the fitter said he could do it in a week). It should have been so straightforward. The old kitchen had been removed the walls plastered and the floor tiled. That was in July and it's still not done. We have the items that were missing when the fitters came still in our dining room. Out of the blue another panel arrived today? The bloke we deal with is complete incompetent and says things like 'the contract says we can take 6 weeks to do this' My advice is to AVOID this shower. I will never buy anything from JL again

L-Review's Response to steve_preston's Review

Written on: 13/10/2021

No stars from me! I’m dealing with the same issues as you. I would never recommend a John Lewis kitchen and you should avoid at all cost. My first fitter arrived on the 4th of June and the work The kitchen has been badly finished and unfinished in parts. Numerous emails later and I’ve escalated it to a complaint manager as my kitchen liaison person was incompetent. I had another fitter coming October 14/15 2021 to finish work was started and today (13th) they have just cancelled the 14th So have to rebook one day again.

Steve_Preston's reply to L-Review's Comment

Written on: 14/10/2021

I feel your pain. Our fitters came back after their initial fit in July to fit the missing items a couple of weeks ago. They opened the boxes and the class splashback had a large chip down the edge and the cupboard panel had paint missing! This quality control is so bad I wish I'd gone to Magnet who were cheaper!