charged more as I lived 1.5 miles inside the M25

Guest's review of Ikea Kitchens

“charged more as I lived 1.5 miles inside the M25”

Written on: 20/02/2020

We purchased a Ikea kitchen and due to it being a nicer store we had attended the Milton Keynes Store rather than the Tottenham Store for a quote.

We had been given a sheet of what various work done by the installation team would cost and we worked out that it would cost around £2500-£3000 for the installation and the additional work we needed to have done.

We had the builder come round and a few days later we get a quote £5500 and as I went through the sheet I noticed at the prices had all been changed on the supplement sheet for example:
£30 per light fitted had been changed to £75 per light so that would be £405 extra for lights to be installed and this was not including the cost of the lights.
£80 instead of £60 to install a cooker switch
£200 to install new waste instead of £125

When I queried about the extra charges I was informed that due to the fact I lived in the M25 there was a premium to cover extra costs that the builder would receive by attending my property.
I cannot see the extra costs as there is no parking charges or congestion charges as the builder was based locally but I was informed that was the London rates so I declined to use their services as I could not see why a charge of £3000 was justified.

Ikea even gave me the evidence in the form of the supplement cost sheet to prove how much the charge should be.