Desparate Cold Calling Then Stonewalling

Reed www.reed.co.uk
1.2

Zaria230's review of Reed www.reed.co.uk

“Desparate Cold Calling Then Stonewalling”

written by Zaria230 on 21/01/2017

I am fortunate to be in a job which I quite like but as with everyone else you have be to aware of potential opportunities, so my cv is available for others to see.

For several times I've had Reed contact me with details of potentially interesting new jobs but with the proviso of very tight deadlines along the lines of "DEADLINE TODAY, URGENT" etc or at any rate with a covering letter to be submitted the next day. Being in work means doing such applications in the evenings, with the 'promise' by the recruiter he/she will let me know the outcome 'asap'. Guess what? Nothing. On one occasion I was even told I had been shortlisted for an interview then the communication stopped. I now don't use Reed: it's obvious that a) either they don't have the contacts/links in the fields for these jobs b) even if they do, soliciting last minute applications is purely for back-up where they have already forwarded other candidates. Either way Reed are a waste of time of fly-by-night recruiters with no expertise or the relevant contacts. After all, what's the point of a headhunter if he/she is simply asking you to fill in the same job application form as for external candidates?