WARNING DO NOT ENTRUST YOUR WATCH TO THE WATCH LAB

4.5
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

sunbeam1952's review of The Watch Lab - www.thewatchlab.co.uk

“WARNING DO NOT ENTRUST YOUR WATCH TO THE WATCH LAB”

written by sunbeam1952 on 26/03/2024

I had to think long and hard before paying £500 to get my vintage Omega watch serviced.I decided it was now or never so I went ahead with it to be able to pass it on when the time comes.

I first took my watch to their Southampton kiosk for a service on the 11th May 2021 and received it back on the 27th September 2021 (139 days later) supposedly repaired. The watch kept stopping. This is a fault I have never had before so I sent it back for the second time on the 1st October2021 and received it back on the 15th November 2021(45days later). The watch ran for while and then started stopping again.

Back it goes for the third time on the 15th February 2022 and I received it back 29 April 2022 (72 days later). Needless to say it was still stopping.

Back it goes for the fourth time. I asked how long it would take to repair it this time and the counter assistant informed me it would be a whopping 46 weeks (322 days) having no alternative off it went with the assurance that they would let me know when I could collect the repaired watch.

Not having heard after 46 weeks I contacted the Southampton branch was told indeed my watch was ready for collection, in fact they had had it since March 2023 and it had been in a draw there for ten months. Why had they not contacted me? Answer = Their phone was out of order!!! Ten months I don't think so. And yes it is still stopping.

In total the watch has been away for 16 months and now has a fault it never had before, the more they fixed it the worse it got.

I then contacted Customer Services with a letter of complaint asking for a full refund and received an e-mail from Mr who informs me they have concluded "there are no issues with my watch and everything is working as it should. Due to this we are not in a position to issue a refund for the service provided"

Unbelievably Mr says "However in recognition of the poor service you have experienced, I would like to send you some complimentary vouchers as by way of apology"

I don't want free vouchers or an apology I just want my watch repaired that's what I paid for.

How can everything be working as it should if the watch keeps stopping?

The function of a watch is to tell the time if the watch keeps stopping then clearly there is a fault.

Reviewing the answers from The Watch Lab on Trustpilot there seems a lot of sorry's and apologies etc; but no positive action to put things right.
I would welcome a response to this review from The watch Lab I hope this matter can be resolved amicably.
I will not let this go or give up £500 for a now broken watch.

• Southapton