Birthday Present Disappointment

• Layout of shop

Kaysi's review of H. Samuel Stores

“Birthday Present Disappointment”

written by Kaysi on 29/12/2015

My partner bought me a lovely blue topaz and diamond ring from our local H Samuels store. Unfortunately they didn't have the ring size in store so had to order it in which is kind of what I was expecting as I have chubby fingers. We opted to have the ring delivered to home rather than having to brave the crowds in town during the run up to Christmas. We were advised by the manager that the ring would be delivered on Thursday the 10th December. Thursday the 10th came and went . . . no ring!

My partner and I went into the store on the following Saturday to find out what had happened, only to be be told that there had been an issue with the original order and they had to re-order it into store and we should have been called to notify us. Well guess what, we weren't! Thankfully the second ring that they had ordered had not been sold and so we went home with it that day.

My birthday came around on the 14th and I went to work wearing my lovely new ring, didn't give it a thought that typing and walking around the office would be hazardous. After 7 hours of wearing it, the largest blue topaz stone fell out! Fortunately I managed to find it and kept it and the rest of the ring safe. My partner went down to the store the following day at great inconvenience to his sleep schedule as he works nights and drives only to be give the run around that a replacement would take 5-6 weeks to arrive. According to him, the girl who served him sized the ring and as it turns out, they ordered a size smaller than I originally requested. If I wanted the slightly smaller size it could be in store to pick up 2 days later.

So 2 days later, he goes in to find that they couldn't be bothered to order the replacement and fobbed him off with a refund without an apology or offer of an exchange! Absolutely disgusted with them!

• Poole