£329 engagement ring snapped after 4 weeks wear

1.4
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Arelii122's review of H. Samuel Stores

“£329 engagement ring snapped after 4 weeks wear”

written by Arelii122 on 21/10/2015

My partner bought my engagement ring mid August for £329. It was resized down by only 1 size. Within 2 weeks the ring had cracked away from the stone setting. Shop assistant advised that resizing to a j was too small for the design and shouldn't have been done (I'd originaly just asked for a clip but assistant advised resizing was best as clips scratch the ring). Sent for soldering back together. After a week I rang, they couldn't find it! Gave it a few more days, still couldn't find it. Promised phone calls, they never came. After 2 weeks told it would be back in a few days. Asked for a refund. Told I had to wait till it came back into the shop! I said no. Supposedly issuing refund today over the phone. Hope it happens.

Hsamuel give poor advice. My ring wasn't cheap at £329. I wore that ring for 4 weeks at most. Nice designs but very poor quality jewellery and advice. And spoiled what is supposed to represent one of the happiest events in my life. Will never buy anything from their again.

• white rose centre leeds

Branch Visited