Appalling service in Peterborough store

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of F. Hinds

“Appalling service in Peterborough store”

Written on: 20/01/2022

Appalling service in Peterborough store and by Customer Services.
Took a very sentimental Wedding Band in for resizing, was measured, inspected by the Manager, informed cost to enlarge would be £69.99 and would be returned by the 21st. I paid the charge, left with my receipt.
I then received an email to state that now the cost would be 3 times the amount! and how would I like to proceed?
I was never informed that the price quoted and charged would be subject to change or was an estimate. The manager even showed the price in the book on the counter to me at the time of charging me.
Called Head Office to be fobbed off, stating that they only ever provide an estimate. If that is the case, why would you charge for an estimate? I have paid for a service that you now are not prepared to honour.
F Hinds were not prepared to admit their mistake or honour the price, I've now got to wait for it to be returned before taking it to an honest jeweller.

• Peterborough