Ernest Jones said its a goodwill to exchange a fault watch

Ernest Jones
1.2
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Millinky's review of Ernest Jones

“Ernest Jones said its a goodwill to exchange a fault watch”

written by Millinky on 29/03/2024

I bought a Frederique Constant wristwatch that does not work as the battery went flat four times in 18 months. Each visit to sort this has resulted in the worst experience ever. I have raised a complaint after 7 visits to resolve this and this is the response I received from your Customer Resolutions Advisor, Linda Bradshaw,
Telling me new customers are treated differently, they get delivery service as part of the order and practically telling there is nothing wrong with a wristwatch that have undergone battery 3 battery changes.

I plan to post all our email exchanges by Tuesday if no resolution is reached. This is absolutely unbelievable.

SEE ONE OF HER EMAILS BELOW.

I am sorry that you are unable to visit the store.

The only other way we can do this is to refund the price that you paid on to a gift card and send to your e mail address.
Otherwise you will need to go into store to get this watch exchanged.
The courier service is for new purchases and not exchanges.
Once again this has to be done in store.
As there is nothing wrong with your watch we are exchanging as a gesture of goodwill above the full retail price.
The £175 g/c you mentioned is for new orders and this will not be included in this exchange.
Opt 1 Visit store for exchange
Opt 2 Refund order with a gift card
Opt 3 Return watch
These are the full and final options so if you can please advise and I will get sorted for you.
Regards
Customer Resolutions Advisor

• Brent cross and watford office

Branch Visited