Negligent, incompetent, use at your peril

• Quality Of Service

CarlWiley105's review of Payplan www.payplan.com

“Negligent, incompetent, use at your peril”

Written on: 30/03/2018 by CarlWiley105 (1 review written)

Incompetent, negligent, extreme CAUTION about using this company.

I have had an IVA with PayPlan since late 2016. I would seriously urge you to re-consider as my experience with this company has been traumatic from start to finish.

- You are promised a case officer who will be your direct point of contact. Their staff turnover is such that I have sometimes have a changing contact every month. Worse still, sometimes they will keep the name of an employee who has long since left on your correspondence - meaning that they are effectively a ghost employee and months of your emails go unanswered.

- They will give you negligent advice. I was once told to "ignore all default letters" whilst waiting for a creditors' meeting, receiveing more and more severe notices whilst my case officer left, never otified me, and never arranged a creditors meeting.

- Creditors will completely miscalculate your monthly budget (mine did and I never recieved an apology), and will similarly give you bizarre advice, such as "we can't let you consider bankruptcy as it wouldn't be fair on your creditors" They witheld all informaiton from me, depite simultaneously threatening me with bankruptcy, yet withholding informaiton

- They don't have a porper complaints procedure, which is why I am here (!) If you try to complain about a case officer, they will avoid your question, ultimately telling you to send it to them. That's tight - you have to complain TO the person you are complaining about.

- They will give you false information - I was told all council tax was covered by the plan for a year despite it being six months only. They also added £900 to my total debt IN ERROR, and told me it "was too late to revise the plan" They added £2,500 against my name in debt from HMRC, depite this was a year I had already paid tax for. When I asked for updates more frequently than annually - to make sure my debt didn't RISE (as it was doing with my PayPlan IVA), I was told I was only allowed to receive this infomation ANNUALLY. that's right, they won't let you know about your own financial situation despite the fact that they are trying to help you get out of debt.

Use at your peril, no option is as bad as this one. I'd give negative stars if I could, the whole experience has been horrendous and traumatic from start to finish.

• Quality Of Service

Swifty123's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2021

how did you end it with them