Just awful, don't go

• Quality of food

Eimhear's review of The Grouse Inn, Ballymena

“Just awful, don't go”

written by Eimhear on 13/02/2023

I used to love going here but ever since lockdown it's went down hill. This review is really long but the short of it is if you want terrible service, the wrong food, a microwaved meal, to be laughed at by staff and to pay plenty to get this terrible experience this is the place for you. Me and my family went here for a birthday dinner, we were seated next to the door and every time someone came in and out we were absolutely freezing (there was plenty of other tables that were free I dont know why they sat us here). I had ordered the vegetarian burger and was brought out the chicken burger, I told the waitor who didn't seem to care much at all, my mother recieved a cold roast dinner, she told them and they took it back to the kitchen and microwaved it, £16 for a microwaved roast dinner seems absolutely horrendous to me. They eventually did bring out a vegetarian burger to me but they brought out the wrong side and garnish, everyone at the table had finished their meal, I ended up sending the meal back as god knows how long they would have taken to to bring me out a third meal after waiting so long for the second. I went to pay and the server asked me how was my meal, I told her it was awful and I never received anything o asked for, she laughed in my face. Never in my life have I been laughed at by a server and for the first time ever I asked to see a manager, I stood and waited 10 minutes for him to come out, during that time the woman who laughed at me came over and told me she thought I was being sarcastic, I asked her what part of it seemed sarcastic, she never responded and walked away. Eventually when the manager did come out I told him everything that happened, he told me that if I don't book that they may not be able to give me a good seat, I told him I had booked. He avoided talking about the woman laughing in my face and instead repeatedly told me that its normal for resturaunts to sometimes get orders wrong. I totally agree with him, accidents do sometimes happen but being laughed at in my face, receiving a microwaved meal, having terrible seats and REPEATEDLY giving me the wrong meal should never ever happen all at the same meal. He asked for my number and said he'd call me to discuss giving me a gift card (why he couldnt do it then and there i dont know), its been a week and he's never called me back, I called yesterday to say and they told me he wasn't in but he'd give me a ring when he was back, still nothing.

• Quality of service