Post Office Savings Account

Tzannath's review of Post Office Online Banking www.postoffice.co.uk

“Post Office Savings Account”

written by Tzannath on 19/11/2022

I opened a Post Office savings account in good faith on 20 September this year, dam big mistake. Worst thing I found out it falls under Bank of Ireland. My ID Docs were also sent through the local Post Office on 6/10/22. Bank of Ireland keeps telling me they've never received them. After 4 phone calls still no success and negative staff couldn't care less.

Ive received 2 identical letters on 1 October and another one received today 19 November saying they have no details of my deposit, funny that its been cleared on my Bank statement. Cut off dates mentioned 29 October, 4 November and now its 22 November to close my account and then funds will be returned to me.

I very much doubt that I will receive the deposit but am looking at making a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman if nothing has been sorted by the end of November.

I don't know how they can close an account that has never been opened and I don't even have an Account number!

Avoid PO savings like the plague.

• 0 - 6 Months