Prehistoric software system!!!

Trishtrashpolka's review of Post Office Online Banking www.postoffice.co.uk

“Prehistoric software system!!!”

Written on: 11/08/2021 by Trishtrashpolka (1 review written)

Some years ago I opened a post office online saver.
This year when the 1 year account came to an end I opened the next one. I could not find any option to transfer the money from the old to the new account. So I ticked the option to transfer all the money to my linked account. This took 4 -5 days!!!
Then I tried to deposit the money into my new online saver. 5 days later the transfer had not occurred. On the PO website I could find on option to view transactions pending. Thinking that the transfer hadn't worked for some reason I repeated the process. A big mistake cause 5 days later my linked account was in the RED!!! Fortunately I had the funds elsewhere to eliminate the overdraft, but it could have been a very costly mistake.
Today I tried to withdraw some of the funds to my linked account and, guess what - it won't work!! " invalid number or insufficient funds"" I was trying to transfer £10k when there was £ 90k in the account!!!!!
This highlights the inadequacies of the post office software. I haven't even tried their phone service cause these frustrate me at the best of times.
I am going to give the account a day to think about the money deposited in the account. Then try to withdraw the money again. Probably all of it this time! Any further problems and it will be a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman.
A very dissatisfied customer - and sorry not even 1 star on this review.

• 1 year and over