Higos www.higos.co.uk Review

customer2929's review of Higos www.higos.co.uk

“Higos cancelled my property and contents renewal with...”

Written on: 11/06/2019 by customer2929 (1 review written)

Higos cancelled my property and contents renewal with the existing insurer, saying they could no longer offer terms with them, proposing instead a patchwork of providers, under an unknown umbrella name, at 20% price increase, for poorer cover. They gave less than 10 days' notice before the renewal was due. If I had been away from home my property would have been uninsured. Calling to ask why, I was told that Higos directors had decided to cease doing business with my previous insurer (one of the biggest in the market), preferring their home-grown product. Higos offered no alternative and no justification for the price increase and reduction in cover.

The existing insurer continues to offer the existing product despite Higos saying it was unavailable so I've renewed direct with the existing insurer for a much smaller increase.

Higos has lost my custom, the commission they earned on my business and my good opinion. As a 9-year customer of a high value product I expected better, much better.