Canon Customer Services has put me off Canon for life

keithypops's review of Canon Pixma TS5151 MFP Series

“Canon Customer Services has put me off Canon for life”

Written on: 18/01/2021 by keithypops (1 review written)

Canon Customer Support is a joke that isn't funny. I bought a brand new Canon TS5151 printer in October 2020. Nice machine, looks good, text prints well, photos mediocre ........ BUT customer service is TERRIBLE. I used the printers "test" cartidges that are in the printer when you buy it, until the "Ink Running Low" message appeared. I replaced them at the end of December 2020 with two brand new GENUINE Canon Cartridges from John Lewis. Since then I have printed a only a few pages of text, and half a dozen small photos. Within no time I got the "ink running low" message again (within a couple of weeks of installing them). The black cartridge is showing full, but the colour cartridge is showing empty (after 6 small photos). I emailed to Canon customer support. They emailed back telling me in great detail, how a printer works and how to switch it on and off. Then they implied that John Lewis may have sold me non-genuine cartridges - something John Lewis will be delighted to hear. I am now left with a brand new Canon printer that has become unusable, just over two weeks after inserting GENUINE Canon cartridges. Because of their customer services ... I am also left with a very nasty taste in my mouth. I emailed back to them, and they have sent the same reply again telling me how to switch it on and off. THIS IS A BRAND NEW CANON PRINTER, with BRAND NEW GENUINE CANON CARTRIDGES .... and Canon couldn't care less. No offer of help, no offer of a new cartridge (maybe Canon can't afford genuine cartridges) and not even an appology. In other words they're saying "go away, stop bothering us". My only recourse now is to keep posting to review sites and social media.

• Quality