get out what you put in

ebikegum's review of Carrera Crossfire

“get out what you put in”

Written on: 17/10/2018 by ebikegum (1 review written)

Having been a cyclist from age 7 and now approaching my 71st year I finally said goodbye to my hand built road bike last year and resigned myself to long walks. Sadly the knees were shot and as I live on the edge of the Pennines the only way was up. I then watched Larry Lamb touring England on an electric bike at age 70 and thought why not me.
As an entry level e-bike at a fraction of the cost of some of its more high profile competitors I cannot fault the Carrera Crossfire. True it is heavy, but so are most of the others I've looked at. It has a range of 60 miles and if you put the effort in and only use assistance when needed this distance is easily achievable. I have just done 56 miles around Barnsley and Penistone and still have 25% battery life left. Reports of battery cut outs I think are down to non cycling individuals who don't want to put the effort in and overheat the battery. The bike comes with plenty of kit. Kick stand, hydraulic disc brakes, Suspension, computer and a comfy saddle. What more could you want. Its definitely given me a new lease of life.