This hotel is going down hill fast

PeterfromWales's review of Sol Mirlos Tordos Hotel

“This hotel is going down hill fast”

Written on: 25/05/2016 by PeterfromWales (1 review written)

The good points first.
The room was a nice size for 2 people and clean towels everyday, and the pools outside were lovely to laze around and reception staff helpful.

The bad points.
The lifts kept breaking down, the room floor was never swept, the food was repetitive same stuff day after day and all of it was cold and under cooked. I watched the so called chef cook the chicken breast and pork slices on the hot plate and he sizzled one side then sizzled the other side and put it in tray for people to eat. I cut open a chicken in front of him to show it was still raw an he said it was fine, which it blatantly wasn't.. All the other food was the same under cooked and cold, even the kids chicken nuggets were still pink in the middle. We either had to eat salad or eat out to be safe from food poisoning which I had on the first night. The bar is under manned and the queue for drinks is constantly too long, about 20 people long an the bar staff slow and miserable. The 1st pool only has sun up to about 12.30pm then it is in shade so everyone try to get loungers by pool 2 which has sun all day. The entertainment is very poor, people were leaving the stage area in steady streams it was that bad.
I wouldn't recommend all inclusive here as you will be eating and drinking out most nights....
Other guests I talked to had the same opinion as me to the poor quality of food and entertainment, and a few of them had stayed there the year befor and said it was much different then.
The fire alarm went off 6.25 on a sunday morning with only half the guests leaving the hotel. No staff met us at muster points they remained in the hotel. When I asked reception what had happened they said the kitchen staff set alarms off. I told him that there were people outside with crying babies and kids not knowing what was going on an he looked at me blankly. So I asked him to go outside and tell them that it was fine to go back inside. If that was a real fire people could have been killed...

This is my honest opinion of the mirlos tordos hotel now called Palmanova 1 and Palmanova 2.