took advantage of a bad situation

From 1 review

jimkelley's review of Nesva Hotel - www.nesvahotel.com

“took advantage of a bad situation”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by jimkelley (1 review written)

IN June my wife and I had book a hotel in Queens. Due to bad weather our plane arrived very late about 1 in the morning. We got to the hotel and our reservation had been cancelled due to no show. it was a very rainy night and we are old people with a lot of luggage so we walked across the street to the Nesva Hotel and they had a nice room we booked it for 7 days at about $234.00 per day. Later we found that people were paying as little as $109. to $169. per day As suggested by the desk clerk we waited til check out and asked for the manager> he did not come to see us just told the clerk that we were walk ins so we must pay more. He would not change the rate. He saw his chance to make extra Money as we could not go anywhere that time of night in the storm and heavy suitcases.
I wrote a review on tripvisor and he answered it by suggest I call the hotel and talk about my review. I am back in Brasil and that call would be costly so I wrote na email. He never answered it. I will not stay there again nor will I recommend it. Be careful they will cheat yo

Jimkelley's Response to jimkelley's Review