Security & personal safety risk

Mark16122's review of Cala Gracio, Fiesta Hotel Tanit

“Security and personal safety risk”

Written on: 04/09/2015 by Mark16122 (1 review written)

Back at the tanit for my 11th time I've never had to write a negative review about the place before.
3 days into my holiday at 1:30am a stranger let himself into my room claiming that it was his room and that reception gave him a key. Only 2 key cards were issues when I arrived and those two were in the room with me in the room.
After complaining to reception that I wasn't happy with our personal safety and safety of belongings the looked into the situation. When I returned to find out the outcome they came up with some story that I was actually noisy in my room and they had to move neighbours.trying to get themselves out of a mess. I would have accepted the fact I was noisy had I have been in the room because of the thin walls. (Could hear our neighbours talking in bed this morning)
But always been outside.
Reception admired they could see somebody else had activated a 3rd card to our room but weren't admitting liability and just replied "speak to your agent" which we emailed while waiting at reception.
Our rep was extremely helpful. And managed to get them to finally admit liability, they admitted that the night security staff issued the 3rd key card to another person, our rep got them to close all cards to that room and issue newly activated cards, also added a late checkout as a sorry.
Point I'm making is that the staff at the hotel will lie to cover their own back, they have ruined this holiday even if there has been a solution to it. This should not have happened to begin with.
It's sad that after 11 years as a returning customer this is how they treat their customers..