Unique place to stay

From 1 review

AussieAnnet's review of Hotel Krone, Traben -Trarbach

“Unique place to stay”

Written on: 25/06/2017 by AussieAnnet (0 reviews written)

Our group of 3 stayed here 5 nights in lovely rooms with balcony and Mosel views. Clean, pleasant decor, very comfortable. I did miss tea and coffee making facility in the room. Our hosts are not your regular run of the mill kind of people. Straight forward, down to earth, very honest (when they discovered that we were only 3 people, while they thought that we were 6 they immediately adjusted their fee accordingly!!!) and with a great sense of humour. They had a lot of good tips for making the most of our time here and seeing some of the best and interesting places.

The breakfast is outstanding and their dinner included in the half pension rate was also very good. The Restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner. I did love the little extras served with a cup of tea in the late afternoon, a shot of "advocaat" which they had in 3 different flavours

Also note that there are no lifts in the hotel, but I found the stairs wide enough and not too difficult to manage even though I do use a walking stick and my room was on the second floor.