Loved every minute!

Guest's review of Caleta de Fuste, Caleta Dorada

“Loved every minute!”

Written on: 31/08/2012

After visiting this site, I was a little worried about what this hotel was going to be like. First impressions, when checking in the lady on the desk was very polite, friendly and spoke good enlish. You don't get shown to your apartment but they hand you a map and we found ours easily. Our apartment was very clean and we couldn't see why people had complained on here about them, the outside of the apartments are neat looking although if you look in depth at them you will see small areas that could do with a re-paint, but I think you'd have to be really fussy for it to bother you. Next, the food & drink. The resturant was nicely presented, the food was gorgeous, there was plenty of choice to suit different tastes. My only negative would be the breakfasts weren't the best but I think thats because of it being buffet style the bacon & eggs were sometimes not great, also the juice didn't taste right was more like really strong squash. Drinks at the bar throughout the day & evening were fine as far as my family and I could tell were not watered down, served in roughly half pint clear plasic glasses & you were able to order 2 drinks at a time per person. There was good variety on the spirits and their lager is nice I thought. The queue for the bar was really long at times but the staff were very fast serving & therefore the queue went down with in 5 minutes. Finally the entertainment. Once more I cannot think of anything majorly negative to say about the entertainment. Only that during the day it was the same things every day. They did table tennis, football and waterpolo everyday for both adults and kids (seperatly). As well as these activities they'd throw in others such as competitions in the pool like racing down the slides and colouring competitions for the kids etc. The nightime entertainment was fantastic they had mini disco everynight for kiddies then bingo (most nights), then either a show or a quiz or a karaoke, I could go on but I'm sure you get the jist! We were the 2 weeks and the shows weren't repeated. The entertainment staff were amazing, they put in long hours and tried to get everyone involved in activities without being pushy. All I can say is that we try not to visit the same place over and over, but with this place I can see why people would go back year after year. Loved every minute!!