Complete disappointment

ChristopherBaldwin354's review of Marlow, Crowne Plaza

“Complete disappointment ”

Written on: 22/11/2017 by ChristopherBaldwin354 (1 review written)

Crowne Plaza Marlow doesn't even warrant 1 star! Absolutely disaster from start to finish and unable to deal with issues as they arise.
1. fully paid prior to our stay however was forced to pay a second time on arrival as I did not carry my credit card with me. Took over a week to receive a refund.
2. Ordered room service for 3 drinks and a pizza. 1 Drink received was wrong and food completely inedible. Returned food and drink and was still charged for both. Was provided with a 'complimentary' drink which then appeared on the bill at an additional £9! £48 room service bill for 2 drinks.
3. Duty managers have no authority. On check out issues relating to the bill where raised. it was agreed to remove the 'complimentary' drink charge and a manager would contact to discuss the food bill. I settled the reduced bill and later received a call to say they were charging my card with the extra amount! Absolute disgraceful and fraudulent. Was told a manager would call and of course this never happened.
4. Was looking forward to spa treatments however no spaces were available until January despite it appearing nearly empty. The edges of the pool are covered in mildew and looks tired with minimal faculities.
5. The hotel staff were rude and to avoid a scene just debited my card after leaving knowing there was nothing I could do. When a manager was called over they went into a separate room to discuss my complaint whilst I was left standing there. I found this rude and unprofessional.
Overall a sham, completely ruined my weekend and would not recommend to anyone. An utter disgrace.