Avoid at all costs!

ChristineS1987's review of Choro Mar Aparthotel

“Avoid at all costs! ”

Written on: 20/07/2018 by ChristineS1987 (2 reviews written)

Well, I will start with the good; the staff were very welcoming and friendly, and our apartment was clean and fairly spacious.

Now for the not so good; the place was filled with stag and hen parties so the noise was unbearable. We spent a day at the pool and a group of lads were playing loud music (if you can call it that) all day. Later on a hen group were also playing music over the boys. The staff let this go on and didn't once tell anyone to turn it down or off. The pool area started off clean but guests trashed the area throughout the day and no one seemed to bat an eyelid. The staff must be used to catering to animals. The pool was clean apart from a Green line of algae around the edge which put me off going in it after a brief dip. We avoided spending any more full days at the pool, but the music was a constant and we could see from our balcony the trash left each day.

Every night there would be loud music from the bar which was fair enough, at it was usually (but not always) off by 11:30pm. However, the barbarians that were guests would often be shouting and arguing until all hours. Most nights at around 3am there would be arguments with people stood outside effing and jeffing for up to an hour or so at top volume. At no pointdid we ever hear the staff intervenve which we felt was pretty poor.
In10 nights, we didn't get one decent night's sleep.

Other little niggles included no kitchen towels in the apartment, no toiletries, I found a hair in my bed prior to sleeping in it, and one day the maids didn't come until nearly 6pm but we're were in the middle of getting ready so they offered to return the next day which we agreed to, however they didn't and when werequested fresh towels from reception, we were denied them. We also paid for some washing which cost 9 euros and our whites came back pink.

I have complained but the hotel refused to provide any refund at all. Furthermore, they provided JUSTIFICATION for one group of noisy lads, said I should have checked the washing I paid for (erm, sorry, but I assumed the woman working in the laundrette knew to seperate whites from colours?!) and failed to even acknowledge other minor complaints.

Unless you are an inconsiderate, loud teenager on a hen or stag do and like to live like an animal, I would recommend avoiding these apartments.