travelodge merthyr tydfil

• Facilities

• Location

johnchapman1's review of Travelodge

“travelodge merthyr tydfil”

Written on: 04/04/2019 by johnchapman1 (1 review written)

I booked family room at the above Travelodge on 30/03/2019.
On arrival all was as normal and we went to our room which seemed STD fair for Travelodge.
After along drive all I wanted was a refreshing shower and meal, as I was about to get in the shower I was greeted by the previous occupants pubic hair in the bottom of the bath so clearly that hadn't been cleaned prior, on the way out to the meal I raised my concern with the receptionist who advised me to inform the team leader who would be in in the morning.
After our meal we relaxed for a while and decided to bed down, When I pulled the sheets back I was concerned by what appeared to be shadows on the sheets almost dirty I went down to find someone but couldn't so we went to bed with our clothes on.
The next morning we were up early as my eldest son had a race in Glynneath.
That's when my sons found dried blood on one duvet and mud on a bed sheet, neither son had a cut or muddy.
as we left I noticed a very strong smell of Cannabis in the hallway, on checkout I expressed my concerns to the morning receptionist who duly noted them all down and made all the "right noises" then told me the team leader/ duty manager would contact me. It's been nearly a week and I haven't heard a peep despite also having an email with survey I filled out, this left me with no option but to leave a poor review. Staff aren't always diligent in their cleaning duties that can be forgivable but to ignore the concerns of regular customers isn't.

• merthyr Tydfil