Novotel Bristol - Money is their God

reviewusermail's review of Novotel - www.novotel.com

“Novotel Bristol - Money is their God”

Written on: 04/12/2018 by reviewusermail (0 reviews written)

It happened that a booking was incorrectly made to this Novotel Bristol hotel for 3 night for a total of £320 for a single room. I was not even supposed to go to Bristol. I called the hotel the morning after asking to cancel the booking because it was a mistake and I was not even supposed to go there at any time. The hotel cancelled the booking and instead they immediately charged my card with the full amount of £320 pounds. The money left my account the day after I called even if the booking was going to start 5/6 days later. I have never seen an hotel taking money from a customer account before the check out, the money are reserved but never taken before the check out. I told them that I didn't need to go to Bristol and somebody used my card. They didn't care and they refused to refund the money. They offer the possibility to change the booking within 6 month but I will not be returned the money back if the daily rate is cheaper of the existing booking and that I will have to pay more if the daily rate was higher. Oh! what kindness they offered, they are so magnanimous that it broke my heart. I told them that I have no intention to be in that hotel but they kept refusing on the basis that the policy is for booking which cannot be cancelled. Right, so because of a policy made up by yourself then you feel entitled to keep all the money without doing anything at all! They have millions of money, massive building all over the World and cannot refund a misery of £320 pounds? They acted as if they've never seen money in their life. There are people in this world which work very hard and honestly for £320 and the people in this hotel are only taking from their customers. What was the problem in refunding £320 pounds for a booking which was wrong and I am not going there at all? They had no loss, no damage, nothing changed in their hotel and still they wanted all the money.