Highly unsympathetic, & horrible Amba Hotel Charing cross!

From 1 review
  • Accommodation

• Food

• Facilities

• Location

NadiaJ82's review of Amba Hotel - www.amba-hotel.com

“Highly unsympathetic, and horrible Amba Hotel Charing...”

Written on: 01/03/2018 by NadiaJ82 (2 reviews written)

I recently booked a room at the Amba hotel in Charing cross. The day before I was due at the hotel my elderly mother was taken very ill with pneumonia and therefore taken and admitted into hospital. I phoned the hotel explaining the unforseen circumstances and was told there's nothing that they can do as it was a non refundable booking. That's fine, I don't want a refund, I would just like to change the date to the following week or two later. I was then abruptly told the reservation team isn't here so 'just take the loss'. And then the phone was put down on me! Not only did I pay £251 For a room I didn't stay in but I found the staff extremely rude, highly unhelpful, very unsympathetic and an all round huge dissappintment. Not only will I never be booking with Amba hotel again, I will ensure that I let all my friends and family know to avoid this disappointing money hungry hotel. I'm majorly shocked and disgusted by the poor customer service, lack of sympathy for unforseen circumstances and then to be told to take the loss! Where do you get off talking to paying customers like this? Stay well away from AMBA HOTEL CHARING CROSS!!!!!

• Charing cross